At AIPL Marketing Private Limited, our Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives are to actively work towards the 'Education and Sports Promotion' Goals.
TITLE & APPLICABILITY
- This policy encompasses the company’s philosophy for delineating its
responsibility as a corporate citizen and lays down the guidelines and mechanism
for understanding socially useful programmes for education, welfare & sustainable
development of the community at large. This policy is titled as the ‘AIPL
Marketing Private Limited CSR Policy’
- This policy is in compliance of section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and the
Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 (the Rules).
- This policy shall be effective from the date of its adoption and approval by the
Board of Directors of AIPL Marketing Private Limited in their meeting.
The words and expressions used in this Policy are defined as under -
- “Act” means the Companies Act, 2013.
- “Annexure” means Annexure appended to this Policy.
- “Board” means Board of Directors of the Company.
- “Company” means AIPL Marketing Private Limited.
- “CSR Committee” means the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee of the Board of
Directors of the Company referred to in section 135 of the Act.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)” means the responsibility of the Company to
undertake the projects and programmes relating to the activities covered under the
subjects enumerated in Schedule VII of the Act and approved by the Board in pursuance
of recommendations of the CSR Committee.
- “CSR Activities” means the activities of the Company as per this Policy.
- “CSR Rules” means the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014
notified on 27th February, 2014 by the Government of India, Ministry of Corporate
Affairs and any amendments thereof from time to time.
The words and expressions used and not defined in this Policy shall have the same
meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act or CSR Rules.
CSR VISION STATEMENT AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
In alignment with the vision of the Education and Sports Promotion, AIPL Marketing Private Limited through its CSR initiatives is committed towards building a sustainable enterprise for the
benefit of its present and future generations of stakeholders and will continue to enhance value creation in the society and in the community in which it operates as a Socially Responsible
FUNDING & ALLOCATION
For achieving its CSR objectives through implementation of meaningful & sustainable
CSR programmes, AIPL Marketing Private Limited shall endeavor to allocate the
following as its Annual CSR
- 2% of average net profits made during the three immediately preceding financial
years, as prescribed under the Companies Act, 2013 and the Rules;
- Any income arising there from; and
- Surplus arising out of CSR activities.
It is clarified that surplus arising out of CSR projects/ programs shall not form part of business
profits of the Company.
MODE OF IMPLEMENTATION
CSR programs, projects or activities, will be implemented through one or more of the
- Directly by the Company;
- Any other Registered Trust, Society or Section 8 Company (i.e. Company registered
under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013) with an established track record of at
least three years in carrying on activities in related areas and duly approved by the
AIPL Marketing Private Limited CSR Committee;
- In collaboration with other organizations.
The allocated CSR budget or Corpus will be utilized for CSR activities undertaken within
India, which are not:
- exclusively for the benefit of employees of the Company or their family members; or
- Undertaken in pursuance of normal course of business of the Company.
AIPL Marketing Private Limited shall prepare its Annual CSR Plan at the beginning of each
Financial Year according to the availability of resources, on recommendation of the CSR
Committee and approval of the Board. The CSR activities (Projects / Programmes) which AIPL
Marketing Private Limited plans to undertake shall be the activities falling within the purview of
Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 as amended from time to time and does not include the
activities undertaken in pursuance of normal course of business of the company. The Projects,
programs or activities to be undertaken by the Company pursuant to the Policy, along with
modalities of execution are outlined in Annexure-I attached hereto.
AIPL Marketing Private Limited CSR Committee which will be ultimately responsible for the
CSR projects undertaken will report to Board.
Members of CSR Committee shall be:
- Mr. Ajit Kumar Gupta
- Mrs. Anjali Gupta
- Formulate and update CSR policy of the Company as may be required from time to time,
subject to the approval by the Board.
- Suggest areas of intervention to the Board.
- Approve projects that are in line with the CSR Policy.
- Put monitoring mechanism in place to track the progress of each project.
- Recommend the CSR expenditure to the Board.
The time period for implementation of the programme will depend on its nature, extent of
coverage and the intended impact of the programme.
CSR Programs shall be implemented with active participation of the local community, wherever
possible, and in consultation with the State Government for policy and strategic purposes and
local administration at village, block and district levels for operational purposes, wherever
applicable. These implementations will also be synergized with the initiatives undertaken by the
State Government, District Administration, Local Administration as well as Central Government
While all CSR programs will be focused in India, the Company shall give preference to the local
While identifying long term programmes, all possible efforts shall be made to define the
- Programme objectives
- Baseline survey- It would give the basis on which the outcome of the programme would be measured.
- Implementation schedules - Timelines for milestones of the programme.
- Responsibilities and authorities.
- Major results expected and measurable outcome.
Powers for approval
- Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (CSR Committee) of the Board shall formulate
and recommend to the Board a CSR policy of the Company for a Financial Year including
the amount of expenditure to be incurred on CSR programs, projects and activities.
- The Board shall, after taking into account the recommendations made by the CSR
Committee, consider and approve the CSR Policy as it may consider appropriate.
- The Board of Directors of the Company shall ensure that Company spends the requisite
amounts specified under the Companies Act, 2013 on CSR activities failing which it shall
specify in its report the reason for not spending the amount.
- The Board or CSR Committee shall delegate necessary powers for execution and
implementation of the CSR Policy. The delegation shall also include powers for meeting the
requirements arising out of immediate & urgent situations.
MONITORING AND FEEDBACK
To ensure effective implementation of the CSR programmes, the Company shall put in place,
suitable monitoring mechanism.
- The progress of CSR programmes under implementation will be reported to the Chairman, CSR
Committee on quarterly basis.
- CSR Committee shall periodically monitor the progress of CSR projects, programs and activities
incorporated in the CSR Policy and shall hold review meetings at least twice in a year.
- CSR Policy will be displayed on the Company’s corporate website.
- An Annual report on CSR containing the particulars as prescribed under the Companies
(Corporate Social responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014 shall form part of Annual Report of the
- In case of any doubt with regard to any provision of the CSR Policy and also in respect of matters
not covered herein, a reference should be made to the CSR Committee.
- The Company reserves the right to modify, cancel, add, or amend its CSR Policy subject to the
provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and Rules framed thereunder.
Ajit Kumar Gupta